Me and my daughter! A sewing team!

Me and my daughter!  A sewing team!
me and my daughter... a sewing team!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Schoolhouse Tunic by Sew Liberated: my favorite sew!

Once fall came after graduating, I needed some warmer outfits.  I hit on Sew Liberated's wonderful Schoolhouse tunic pattern.  And I have now made 9 of them!  Here are a few:


This one is brushed cotton, with a center box pleat instead of the pleats on the pattern.



This is a lovely batik from my friend's gift stash.  I added some width, and again, used a box pleat.


And this one is some old calico I love.  Again with the box pleat!  My preference!


I think too many plus-sized bloggers are ignoring this great pattern.  I love it as I can crawl on the floor with little-uns and still go to professional meetings.  I have added maybe half an inch to the side of some of the tunics I've made, but sometimes I forget and they still fit.  I'm a typical size 18, XXL, so this tunic fits really well.  I think you can add several sizes without a FBA (full bust adjustment).

So try the Schoolhouse tunic ladies!  An awesome sew, easy to make, easy to grade.   What more can ya want?



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! I just purchased this pattern and was wondering if I would need to add a little width to it. I think my first try will be to use a smaller seam allowance, then decide what I need for the next one.
    Thanks for helping me decide!

    ReplyDelete